Monday, April 6, 2009

Yay for spring!

It seems like so much has happened since my last blog.

A week ago last Friday some classmates and I attended a luncheon for the Walton Business School Advisory Board. Not only was the lunch a great networking opportunity, but it gave us a chance to give feedback on the program to past graduates of the school who continue to offer their support. I was really impressed at the number of alumni and how proud they were to be graduates of the U of A business school.

The next day was the MS Walk. It was cold and rainy/snowy/sleety/whatever other weird weather Arkansas wanted to throw our way. However, we were Team MBA and nothing was going to stop us! (at least from starting the walk :) To those who showed up and walked... way to go! To those who slept in... I don't blame you! Whether you walked or not, our team raised almost $5,000!

Last week school was a little obnoxious, really not school, just a couple assignments. We did have a guest speaker from Kraft in our Global Logistics class who was fantastic. It was also Anna's birthday and we got to go eat at one of my favorite Fayetteville fares, Hugo's!

Yesterday I worked a water station for the Hogeye marathon. This is a great event for the town of Fayetteville. 100% of the money raised goes to non-profit organizations. Every year a dedicated staff volunteers their time to putting on the race. From what I saw, this year's race went great with few if any mishaps. From what I was told, this year also posted record attendance!

Today T.Boone Pickens spoke at the University. I really enjoyed his talk and now plan on looking more into his plan on energy independence. Also, tonight Pres. George H.W. Bush is speaking on campus, but I was unable to make it.

I really need to blog more often because this one is too long! I'll be back tomorrow with some more information on what else is going on!

No comments: