Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

One of my friends sent me a text message this morning requesting that I reply with 3 sustainable things I did today. I doubt I'll text her back, so I'll give them to you: 1) I always use a re-fillable tumbler for my coffee in the morning, 2) I actually washed my butter container so I can re-use it again for left overs (thanks mom for that tip), 3) I re-used my water bottle from yesterday all day today. I wish I could say I rode my bike to school and work, but at this point in time that is infeasible for me, so this is all I've got!

I don't think this was scheduled b/c of Earth Day, but tomorrow for our Strategic Management class, we will have 3 guest speakers from Walmart who helped kick off their sustainability plan. Our class has read a case on this subject as well as another article recommended by our guests. This is such a cool opportunity for our class. Whether you like Walmart or not, fact is in recent years they have really catapulted the sustainability movement and are by far a leader in the industry. This guest series is bitter sweet for me because I will not be able to be there tomorrow. I'm sad to miss it, but excited because the reason I am missing it is for my new job. We have a spring 09 line review with the buyers of Sam's Clubs in the morning and are hoping to get some new products in the clubs!

Last time I was on here I mentioned the upcoming Indian dinner. Well, it came, it passed, I conquered, and it was fantastic! A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to all my awesome classmates who cooked for us and who hosted us! Another "thank you" to them b/c they toned down the spice so I didn't break out in a sweat!

Tomorrow I have my final in Global Logistics so I'm going to get off here and start studying!

No comments: