Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BBBBQ and career fairs!!! Whoo Hoo!

So, my favorite week in Fayetteville, AR has arrived!!! Today was the first day of Bikes, Blues, and BBQ! For those of you not from this area, this is the largest charity bike rally in the nation. There will be about 100,000 motorcycles in Fayetteville and about 300,000 people will visit the event!! Even though I know nothing about motorcycles, I know I love good food and music!

It's now Wednesday and it's been a pretty busy week so far. Monday night we had a special networking event to meet with prospect employers. My classmates and I all made posters to show off our summer internship experiences as company represntatives came around and visited with each of us. I made some contacts with some companies that I had previously not considered, so that was great! Tuesday was our career fair where several companies come to recruit both MBA students and undergrads. Some examples of attendies are: colgate, nestle, walmart, target, j.b. hunt, campbells, etc. I was able to make a second contact with the employers from the previous night and feel like I have really made some progress.

Well, it's now about 9, and I have put off my homework long enough. I'll post some pictures of BBBBQ later this weekend for all to see.

1 comment:

Adam said...

The 2008 Bicycle, Blues & BBQ Festival is on and better than ever. Bikes, Blues & BBQ motorcycle rally has come and gone. This years rally had one of the largest turn outs ever and some of the coolest events to date. Some awesome, free live music was played on two stages throughout the rally. The band played for a solid two hours and sounded awesome.
----------------

Adam

messsage marketing